If Labour Goes On Strike
If labour goes on strike by Tuesday, what will I do with myself biko?
- Eat toast bread, watch presidential campaign on NTA, sleep, wake up, sleep again?
- Finish Chika Unigwe’s On Black Sister’s Street”?
- Finish the new novel I’ve been set on since last year?
- Look for trouble on the street?
I started the year by reading Arese Ugwu’s Smart Money Woman” and now, I only see the world through rose-coloured currencies.
Next, I read Buchi Emecheta’s “The Bride Price”. Of course, I’m all for Buchi anytime any day.
Now, I’m reading On Black Sister’s Street.
I must definitely be at the office on Monday. My senior colleague just had a plea-bargain session with me.😊
“Abeg, go there. I still dey my hometown. I no know if Milord go come. You know say you be the most senior person among them”
Of course, I am going.
- To see Milord
- File processes
- Eat booli and epa at the gate, listen to a lot of “why did you cut your hair? You are not fine again. That beautiful long hair…haba” while I yinmu at them
- Tidy up in anticipation of the prolonged strike ahead.
- Figure out what to do with my life for the duration of the strike
- Go to Cold Stone for pizza and coke
- Go to Asokoro to get my load from ibadan..iru wooro, dodo ikire et Al(then break up with Boyede officially because she broke my heart)
- Go back home and reactivate my gotv😀😁😂 for the great days ahead…
Light has been very good these days such that I’ve been so scared enough to be checking my meter balance.
I think the year is going very fast. I like it that way. This January may not be long after all. After or before the strike, we will get our minimum wage. Amen?